Achieved elusive inventory management target
An aerospace company struggled to reduce inventory and had not hit its corporate inventory target in 7 years. A new leader brought us in to drive the transformation required to achieve consistent inventory.
- Reviewed internal systems and processes
- Discovered major gaps between existing inventory management activity and global best practices
- Established teams and conducted Kaizen events across 3 major sites
- Implemented Results Driven Management process
- Established effective inventory tools and techniques
- Co-led supply chain organization while driving necessary changes in the organization
Results: Reduced inventory to within targeted areas in 4 months while also developing longer-term actions and activities to hit desired targeted inventory levels. At year end, our client finally beat its inventory target.