Exceeded target OEE and reduced overtime by 57%
A high-speed automotive stamping operation wanted to increase OEE from the mid-50s to 75+.
- Defined and categorized OEE factors by operations and maintenance influence
- Implemented Results Driven Management (RDM) control system of metrics, reviews, corrective actions and continuous improvement into client operations and die maintenance shop
- Implemented changeover best practices to reduce changeover and start-up time
- Enhanced production planning and scheduling processes as well as new-hire skills training
- Redesigned facility layout for maximum flow and throughput
Results: Achieved 75+ weekly average OEE, reducing OT from 35% to 15% and saving $360K. OEE continued to rise long after engagement conclusion.