Established KPIs and sustainable maintenance system
A leading supplier of metal components to the mining industry was struggling with manufacturing variability in its foundries. The president turned to Kormac for help in improving operational stability and predictability, including maintenance, operations, and employee performance.
- Established KPIs to measure and manage performance
- Developed a sustainable maintenance system and Daily Operating Report for managers, providing visibility into preventive maintenance attainment and productivity
- Enhanced data collection and analysis to improve preventive maintenance and minimize breakdowns
- Reduced downtime and scrutinized work that exceeded defined thresholds and tolerances
- Created Skills Flexibility Charts by area to identify individual and group cross-training opportunities
Results: Developed robust scheduling processes and reporting. Built a system and approach to manage all maintenance activities and hold the maintenance team accountable for results.